- Apple Fixes Exploits In iOS 6.0.1 Which Could Have Been Used For Untethered Jailbreak
- Dear Dev Teams We Need Unlock Solution For iPhone 4 Baseband 4.11.08
- Apple Should Make An Android iPhone – Apple Co-Founder
- Watch Apple’s iPhone 5 Keynote Event 2011 Live Stream (Live Video)
- BlackBerry Playbook vs iPad 2 Comparison (Video)
Firecore has released Seas0nPass 0.7.2 to jailbreak iOS 4.3 on Apple TV 2G. If you are unaware of this tool, Seas0nPass helps you create a custom IPSW file for Apple TV2G just like PwnageTool and Sn0wbreeze creates custom firmware on Mac OS and Windows respectively.
- Download and install iTunes 10.2.
- Download Seas0nPass [Mac 10.6+ only – Windows version coming soon]
- A micro USB cable will be required to complete the jailbreak.
- Disconnect all iPods, iPhones, and iPads from the computer before running Seas0nPass.
Step 1: Unzip the ‘Seas0nPass.zip’ file and launch Seas0nPass.
Step 6: iTunes will confirm the restore when complete – your AppleTV is now jailbroken. Please proceed to the ‘tethered boot’ section below.
Using Seas0nPass for a ‘tethered boot’
Some AppleTV software versions require a tethered boot. This means the AppleTV must be connected to a computer for a brief moment during startup.
Note: The AppleTV MUST be disconnected from the computer (for at least a brief moment) after restoring in iTunes for the tethered boot process below to work properly.
Step 1: Open Seas0nPass and select the ‘Boot Tethered’ option.
Step 2: When prompted, connect the AppleTV to your computer via USB. Wait for the rapid flashing light then connect the power. Once both are connected hold both the ‘MENU’ and ‘PLAY/PAUSE’ buttons for 7 seven seconds.
Step 3: Seas0n Pass will complete the tethered boot automatically. Once complete, remove the USB cable and connect the HDMI cable.
Note: Timing is key. Once the you receive the success message shown below, the USB cable should be removed and HDMI cable connected before the light on the front of the AppleTV stops flashing. (Don’t worry there is ample to do this, so you don’t need Superman speed).