- Jailbreak Using The New Redsnow 0.9.9b1 For iPhone, iPad iPod touch For iOS 4.3.4, iOS 4.3.5 (Guide)
- Jailbreak iPhone 4/3GS, iPad 1 & iPod Touch On iOS 5.1 Using Redsnow 0.9.10b6
- Top 5 Business Apps for iPad In 2013
- You Will Be Able To Download Grand Theft Auto: Vice City On December 6
- IPhone Drops To 6th Place As HTC dominates As Most Popular Phone
We all know that Apple doesn’t like the jailbreak community and to prove this Apple has asked Toyota Company to remove their theme in Cydia.
For those who don’t know, Toyota Motor’s had recently signed a deal with Cydia and ModMyi to do some advertising in Cydia. Toyota also had a few jailbreak apps in Cydia as well as a Scion iPhone theme.
To many the deal between a corporate giant like Toyota to target a jailbreak community was something out of the ordinary. But, roughly 8 or 9 percent of all iDevices worldwide are jailbroken, which translates into around 10 to 15 million users. That’s was very large number of people which was being ignored by the corporate world.
But the deal didn’t go that far as the founder/Owner of ModMyi received an email as well as a phone call from Velti to remove the Cydia theme. Velti is the advertising company that was working with Toyota on this Cydia campaign.
As a result of Apple’s request to remove the theme as well as some other apps, Toyota had no choice but to remove them so as to ”maintain their good relationship with Apple.”
Isn’t Apple going too far trying to alienate the jailbreak community? After all without the jailbreak community Apple’s products wouldn’t be where they are now.