- Apple Sets New Record: 9 Million iPhone 5S & iPhone5C Sold – 200 Million On iOS 7!
- Download Redsnow 0.9.14b2 For Downgrading Baseband 6.15.00 With Bug Fixes & 3 New NOR Chips
- iWatch To Be Unveiled On September 9: Report
- Apple Watch Burned A User’s Wrist (Pictures)
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Coming To iPhone, Android & Windows Phone Next Month!
Now this is a very serious security risk for Android phone users as it has been found out that Android phones store email passwords in plain text. Yes just simply plain text. Imagine how easy would it be for hackers to access your emails.
It has been out that Android phones store passwords for email and some other services in plain text which as you can expect is a nightmare for many users.
“The password for email accounts is stored into the SQLite DB which in turn stores it on the phone’s file system in plain text. Encrypting or at least transforming the password would be desirable.”
For those people who think this security risk is only for rooted phones well think again as if you ever lose your Android phone someone can easily root it and pull the data off it. This is a big security nightmare for many users.
Lets hope Google fixes this issue very soon.