MuscleNerd of the iPhone Dev team has released Redsnow 0.9.9b1, this is so far the most highly anticipated jailbreak of Redsnow. It is completely different from the its previous versions as it becomes super easy to jailbreak your iPhone iPad and iPod touch.
With this Redsnow 0.9.9b1, the Dev Team has made jailbreaking super easy and to mention it will even jailbreak iOS 5 when it comes out! Yes folks you can jailbreak all the frimwares that are iOS 4.3.4, iOS 4.3.5 and the unreleased iOS 5. Remember folks this jailbreak is not for iOS 5 beta firmwares as you will need to use the old method.
This new jailbreak does not require you to download ipsw files as it does all the work for you.
Here is the full change log of Redsnow 0.9.9b1
- uses DFU mode to try to automatically determine which device and FW you have
- fetches pieces of public IPSWs from Apple (once). Non-public IPSWs must be provided manually (once). It then caches those pieces for future use.
- “Just boot” is a tethered boot. Uses whatever “Preferences” you’ve set for boot logo and kernel boot-args
- “Pwned DFU” puts your device in a pwned DFU state for some of the iTunes stuff detailed below
- “Recovery fix” gets past 1015 types of errors (when baseband portion of restore fails). Should work on iOS5 beta too
- “Select IPSW” is for picking non-public IPSWs, or overriding auto-detection
- “SHSH blobs” has a bunch of options…
- “Fetch” – fetch current PARTIAL blobs on device. Should complete in under 10 or 15 seconds. Puts the set of PARTIAL of blobs on your computer as a plist. Checks if Cydia already has a full set for this device and build. If not, it submits this PARTIAL set and returns Cydia’s acknowledgement or rejection
- “Verify” – cryptographically verifies existing blob files from either redsn0w, TinyUmbrella, or Cydia server. You can select a whole bunch of blobs to verify at once if you want (like the TinyUmbrella directory)
- “Submit” – both verifies and submits one or more blob files to Cydia. This lets you copy your entire TinyUmbrella cache of blobs up to the Cydia server
- “Query” – queries the Cydia server for all available FULL or PARTIAL blobs for a given set of ECIDs
- “Stitch” – stitches either FULL or PARTIAL blobs to a STOCK or CUSTOM IPSW
- FULL blobs stitched to a STOCK IPSW gives you a completely self-contained signed IPSW that iTunes will accept without any tricks (no need to go into pwned DFU mode, no need to start TinyUmbrella TSS server, no need to redirect to Cydia server for blobs)
- PARTIAL blobs stitched to any IPSW requires you to go into pwned DFU mode before running iTunes. No need to start TU or use Cydia though.
- stitching either FULL or PARTIAL blobs to a CUSTOM IPSW also requires a pwned DFU start before iTunes restores. No need to start TU or use Cydia though.
- stitching is NOT yet supported on iPhones (well, at least not tested). Need to work out the baseband part of the restore process.
- will eventually support fetching the blobs directly from Cydia instead of a file on your computer
Jailbreak iOS 4.3.4, iOS 4.3.5, iOS 5 Using Redsnow 0.9.9b1
To jailbreak your iPhone iPad and iPod touch, just use the method below as it is very easy.
STEP 1: Download Redsnow 0.9.9b1 for Windows & Macs. Links are at the end.
STEP 2: Now here comes the easy part. To jailbreak your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch simply click the jailbreak button.
Remember folks its for all the devices except the iPad 2
STEP 2: Just follow the on screen instructions to enter DFU mood.
The new Redsnow 0.9.9b1 downloads all the required stuff for you, so you don’t need to do anything.
STEP 3: That’s it folks, you will now have a jailbroken iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
The interesting thing about this new Redsnow 0.9.9b1 is that it gives you lots of extra features. (Read the change log above to know)
Download The New Redsnow 0.9.9b1 For Windows & Mac
To download redsnow 0.9.9b1 simply download them from the below links to enjoy all the new features the iPhone Dev Team have brought.