- Top 5 Best Free iPhone Apps For Fitness And Health In 2012
- Super iPhone 5: Ultra Thin Design, Holographic Display, Laser Keyboard (Video)
- Siri: The iPhone Movie (Video)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Review – Specs, Design, Apps, Camera, All Details!
- The New iPad 3 Gets Jailbroken On iOS 5.1 Only A Day After Release!
It has been finally done folks, the first ever Siri which is completely legal can be downloaded right now for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1 and iPod touch.
Spire is the first Siri port which is legal and can be downloaded right now from Cydia, of course you need to have a jailbroken device to do that.
Spire comes in courtesy of the hacker Chpwn who has previously worked on many tweaks as well being one of the first users to successfully install Siri on older iOS devices.
Download Spire Siri
Spire can be downloaded right now from Cydia. To install Siri simple go to Cydia > search for Spire (no need to add a repo as it’s in the default Bigboss repo) and install it.
That’s it you will now have downloaded Spire on your iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1 and iPod touch.
Remember folks it’s 100mb so it’s better to connect to Wi-Fi before installing.
Now there is a slight catch, not exactly a “slight” one but a major one.
You will need an iPhone 4S to install Spire for Siri on your older iOS device. Yes i know this is not a major disadvantage but a huge now.
Now before you start complaining here is what the developer behind Spire had to say
it’s because Apple has made it very likely impossible to defeat the authorization requirement. I reverse engineered it, and it does not appear possible to connect Siri to the cloud without information from an iPhone 4S.
Find Siri Proxy Server
As this method requires a Siri proxy server you will definitely need one to get Siri. Now there are other not so technical ways for getting your own Siri proxy server. Here are some of them
- Already own iPhone 4S: If you already own an iPhone 4S you can just use it to get Siri to function properly.
- Get a friend: If one of your friends already owns an iPhone 4S you can just use their authentication to set up your Siri server and get talking to Siri. This is one of the best not-so-technical method.
- Pay Someone: Now this method is not currently out yet but it surely will. People will sell space on a Siri server to users who want to use it, just like a hosting your own website.
- Your own idea: If you have got an idea for getting a Siri server without an iPhone 4S comment below.
We know Spire is not a complete solution for installing Siri on iPhone 4 or older device but it is at least a start. We are for sure that there will be complete solutions for installing Siri on older devices in the near future.