- iPhone 5S vs iPhone 5C vs iPhone 5 vs iPhone 4S vs iPhone 4 vs iPhone 3GS vs iPhone 3G vs iPhone 2G (Video)
- Steve Jobs Criticized Android, Bill Gates, Obama & US Education System
- iPhone 5 To Be Released on 21st October – Confirmed?
- Install Cydia On iOS 8 – 8.1 After Jailbreaking With Pangu (Guide)
- iPhone 6 Pictures Gets Leaked From Foxconn (Images)
We are back with yet another post on unlocking iPhone. This time it is for those users who are stuck with AT&T locked iPhone’s. As we reported earlier that AT&T was now unlocking off-contract iPhone’s, so folks here is the step by step method on unlocking your iPhone locked to AT&T for free.
How To Unlock AT&T iPhone For Free
Criteria For Unlock
- This unlock method is for all AT&T iPhone’s that include iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4’s and iPhone 4S. If you own an iPhone 4 baseband 4.11.08 and are not sure whether you are eligible or not, CLICK HERE to check if you are.
- iPhone should not be in an active AT&T term commitment.
- iPhone should not be stolen or has been reported as stolen.
- If iPhone was in an active AT&T term commitment, the early termination fee should have been paid.
Unlock Method For iPhone
If you meet the criteria as mentioned above then follow the step by step method below for getting your iPhone unlocked.
STEP 1: On your iPhone go Settings > General > About and jot down your IMEI.
STEP 2: You can call at this number 1-800-331-0500 or head over to AT&T’s Live Chat Session to talk to AT&T’s customer support representative.
STEP 3: They will ask you to give your IMEI (STEP 1) and all other required details.
STEP 4: They will email you within 24-48 hours stating your unlock is ready or not. It might take even more time in same cases.
STEP 5: The email will tell you exactly what to do to unlock your iPhone.
A normal email will mention:
Thank you for contacting AT&T customer care about unlocking your iPhone.
We have reviewed your request and confirmed that you are eligible to have the requested iPhone unlocked.
To complete the unlock, simply;
1. Open iTunes on your Mac or PC and verify that you have internet connectivity.
2. Connect iPhone using the dock connector to the USB cable that came with your iPhone.
3. Backup and restore your iPhone using iTunes.
That’s it folks, you will have an unlocked iPhone ready to be used on other networks.
One thing we should remind you that if you had a jailbroken iPhone, restoring it will remove the jailbreak and currently iOS 5.1 does not have an untethered jailbreak. So if you want to keep your jailbreak you wont be able to unlock, which I don’t think anyone of you would be willing to do.
There were some comments in previous posts on Maypalo whether somebody else could unlock your iPhone. AT&T has put a restriction on this mentioning only five unlocks per account per year are accepted. So others won’t be able to unlock using their AT&T account unless they have unlocks remaining.
If you have any other questions hit it up in the comment section below.