- Apple Sets New Record: 9 Million iPhone 5S & iPhone5C Sold – 200 Million On iOS 7!
- Watch Apple’s iPhone 5S Event Leaked Live Stream Video For Free!
- Jailbreak iOS 4.3 GM (Guide)
- iOS 5.1 Untether Jailbreak For iPad 2, New iPad & iPhone 4S Still Weeks Away
- Download iOS 6 Beta 4 For iPhone 4S/4/3GS iPad 2/3 iPod Touch 4 (Leaked Links)
It has been finally done folks, iPhone 4 baseband 4.11.08 has been unlocked by a Chinese hacker named loktar_Sun and guess what? It is free! Yes folks the solution to the infamous baseband 4.11.08 is free and here is how to unlock iPhone 4 baseband 4.11.08 step by step guide!
Unlock iPhone 4 baseband 4.11.08 (Guide)
Lets just directly jump in to the step by step guide showing you how to unlock your iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S on a variety of basebands.
- Works on all iPhone 4 basebands including 4.11.08 (many have reported they unlocked iPhone 4 baseband 4.11.08 using this technique
- Works on all iPhone 4S basebands including the ones on iOS 5.1
- Some of you might face problems using this as this is quite technical, SAM developer has mentioned that they are going to update it so it becomes easier for you.
- Make sure to save your activation ticket. Backup everything in /var/root/Library/Lockdown/
- This method works on iOS 5.1 as well.
- This method to unlock iPhone 4 baseband 4.11.08 will work with a specific SIM card as it has been tricked to ICCID is one of the intended carrier’s.
- Push notifications may stop working after this procedure but can be easily restored with “clear push” utility in SAM followed by connecting to iTunes.
Step By Step Guide On Unlocking iPhone 4
UPDATE: As requested we have added a video guide for those users who are still stuck. Check the video guide by CLICKING HERE.
STEP 1: Install SAM from Cydia. To do this head over to Cydia > Manage > Sources and at the top right corner tap edit and enter this repo:
I suggest you to install SAM from the source above as others might be outdated.
STEP 2: Once SAM is installed you will see it in your springboard. Just tap on SAM to enter it. You must have the SIM card you want to use in your iPhone with you.
STEP 3: Once enterd into SAM, head over to utilities and select “De-Activate iPhone”, your ActivationState under “More Information” should now be “Unactivated”
STEP 4: With SAM enabled, choose “By Country and Carrier” in “Method”; find your carrier, for some carriers operating more than one Carrier ID you may need to select “SIM ID”; easy to tell since iTunes will not activate if the wrong IMSI is selected.
STEP 5 :Go to More Information”, copy or write down the IMSI in “SAM Details”, then tap “Spoof Real SIM to SAM”.
STEP 6: Go back to the main SAM screen and change your “Method” to manual. Paste or enter the IMSI string that was saved in Step 5.
STEP 7: Now you need to connect your iPhone to your computer by connecting it with iTunes. This is to re-activate your iPhone. Double click “Phone Number” parameter at the main device screen to make sure ICCID matches exactly with that of your SIM card. If it does not match you will need to start from step 1
We have got some reports that some people are people are having problems with step 7 as iTunes displays a message: SIM card not compatible. To fix this problem you have to
make sure that ICCID matches exactly as that of your SIM card.
STEP 8: Close iTunes and unplug your iPhone 4.
STEP 9: Now simply Disable SAM, no need to delete it.
STEP 10: Now you have to connect your iPhone 4 to iTunes, you will get a message saying it can not be activated. Do not worry this is part of the process. Just close it and open again.
STEP 11: Are you seeing signal bars? If yes then congratulations!
You have managed to unlock your iPhone 4 baseband 4.11.08, congratulations on your success. Let us know in the comments below if this method has worked for you!