Apple has released iOS 5.1.1 firmware for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. So folks go ahead and download iOS 5.1.1 for your iOS devices from the links below.
The new version comes after many months. The last time Apple updated its firmware was when Apple launched the new iPad 3 to the public.
Here is the change log of iOS 5.1.1:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase
Download iOS 5.1.1 For iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch
Although this update does not bring major changes but those who always want to stay updated on the latest firmware can download from the links below.
There are two methods to download iOS 5.1.1 for your iOS device. The manual method is to download from the links below and the other method is to download via OTA update. Head over to Settings >
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 3 WiFi
- iPad 3 GSM
- iPad 3 CDMA
- iPad 2 WiFi
- iPad 2 GSM
- iPad 2 CDMA
- iPod touch 3G
- iPod touch 4G