- How To Remove Carrier IQ From iPhone on iOS 5
- iOS 5 & Mac OS X Lion Confirmed, iPhone 5 Maybe Released – WWDC
- Factory Unlock AT&T iPhone 4 Baseband 4.11.08/4.12.01 (All iPhone Models) + (Winner Announcement)
- iOS 6.1.1 Beta 1 Does Not Fix Exploits Used For Evasion Jailbreak
- Super iPhone Keyboard Finally Becomes A Reality: Vibrative
Did you already jailbreak your iPhone 4/3GS, iPad 1/2 or iPod touch on iOS 5.1.1 using redsnow before Absinthe was released? Well if the answer to that question is yes then you are in luck as we have a Cydia tweak that allows you to convert your tethered jailbreak into untethered without restoring your iPhone!
Install Rocky Racoon 5.1.1
Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 is great for those A4 devices as you do not need to restore your iPhone! A great way to be sure that your SAM unlock is safe.
One thing I should mention is that you will already have jailbroken your iPhone using redsnow for this to work and this only works for iPhone 4/3GS, iPad 1, iPod touch 3/4
This package will allow your 5.1.1 device to reboot without requiring an external tool such as redsnow.
Rocky Racoon is the underlying untethered exploit that will be installed by popular jailbreak tools such as Redsnow and Absinthe. If you are using 5.1.1 and you can reboot your device and still be jailbroken, you have Rocky Racoon.
If your device relies on Rocky Racoon for untethering, which includes any iPad 2, iPad 3, or iPhone 4S running 5.1.1, uninstalling this package will unjailbreak your device.
Going to try this out? Let us know in the comment section below.