- iOS 6 Is Replacing iOS 5.1.1 With Tremendous Speed!
- iOS 6 To Feature 3D Maps, Ditches Google Maps For C3 Technologies
- Want To Download AppSync On iOS 6.1 After Jailbreaking With Evasion? Think Again!
- iPhone 5 Motherboard Gets Pictured: Reveals More Details About iPhone 5
- A Tribute To The Visionary Steve Jobs
iPhone Dev Team released a redsnow version giving users the ability to downgrade baseband 6.15.00 last month, but unfortunately some users could not downgrade their iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS due to some problems. Well folks today the developers at iPhone Dev Team have released redsnow 0.9.14b2 giving the users the ability to downgrade baseband 6.15.00 for those who could not previously downgrade their iPad baseband.
Fix Errors While Downgrading Baseband 6.15.00
iPhone Dev Team leader musclenerd tweeted:
— MuscleNerd (@MuscleNerd) July 5, 2012
This version covers 3 different types of NOR chips in the iPhone 3G and 3GS (the earlier version covered only the most prevalent NOR chip). We’ve also simplified the process and added logging to help diagnose any remaining stubborn iPhones.
The revised steps are:
- Connect your iPhone in normal mode, then click “Jailbreak” after redsn0w identifies its model and BB version (you needn’t pre-select the IPSW anymore).
- Choose the “Downgrade from iPad baseband” option (you needn’t worry about de-selecting Cydia anymore).
- Do a controlled “slide to power off” shutdown of your phone and proceed through the normal DFU ramdisk steps.
Should the downgrade fail to take, feel free to leave the redsn0w log in the comments below. Use the “Extras->Even more->Backup” button to grab a copy of /var/mobile/Media/redsn0w_logs, then extract the log text file(s) from the zip and paste them into the comments (currently that log file is generated only during baseband downgrade runs).
Download Redsnow 0.9.14b2 To Downgrade Baseband
If you were looking to downgrade iPad baseband for iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS to a lower one for the ability to use GPS and still be able to unlock iPhone, then download Redsnow 0.9.14b2 from the links below.
If you still face any problems then comment below to let us know.