Front pages of all sites and newspapers are revealing the news about the most awaited product of the year that is iPhone 5. Pictures and videos related to iPhone 5 are being leaked almost everyday, but a recent news has widen the eyes of all people that says, iPhone 5 is no more iPhone 5. Don’t worry, you will be introduced to a New iPhone this year by Apple, but it wont be called iPhone 5. Confused? than read on to know the mystery.
Apple is bringing a new iPhone, most probably in this fall, but is bringing to an end the numbers that were attached with the iPhone to denote whether its the latest one or not. If we remove these numbers than the 5th iPhone has already been released. As the famous site gizmodo says,
- The original, 2G iPhone was just called The iPhone.
- The second iPhone was the iPhone 3G.
- The third iPhone was the iPhone 3GS.
- The fourth iPhone was the iPhone 4, which made sense from a marketing perspective because we were all used to the “3″ from 3GS in the predecessor. And it was literally the fourth iPhone.
- The fifth iPhone is the current model, the iPhone 4S—you’re already using an iPhone 5.
Hence, it wont be appropriate to call the 6th iPhone, iPhone 5. Furthermore, these days, the company is making such an enormous share of its money off phones, that it has to think longterm about what we will be calling them after many years —so in 2017, will we be lining up to buy an iPhone 8S or something? No! That’s quite dumb.
Even Apple realizes with the recent iPad, that was called iPad 3 but was officially just the iPad. Therefore, the New iPhone will be called only iPhone and so will be called those following it. These phones are iconic as the MacBook , which adds no number to its name. Thus Apple has decided to kick out these numbers that were previously added with iPhone.
Its going to be quite confusing for the people to call it just iPhone, until it is introduced in the market by Apple and people start using it with its new name.