- People Are Already Lining Up For iPhone 6! (Video)
- Download Leaked iOS 7 GM Version For iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch (Leaked Links)
- You Can Unlock iPhone 4, 3GS Running iOS 4.3.1 Using UltranOw (Guide)
- Apple’s iPhone 4, App Store, Angry Birds Get Guinness World Records
- Redsnow 0.9.9b7Jailbreaks Faster, Limited Edition Redsnow Syncs Data & Pics
Updated to iOS 6 and regretting that you should not as you wanted your untethered jailbreak for your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch? Well fear not folks we have a solution for your problem. It is possible to jailbreak your on iOS 6 using redsnow. Here is the guide on how to jailbreak iPhone, iPad and iPod touch on iOS 6 using redsnow.
Jailbreak iOS 6 Redsnow
As you might already be aware that currently there is no official jailbreak for iDevices on iOS 6 and it does not seem we are going to get one soon. But there is a way to jailbreak iOS 6 for your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. This guide basically uses the redsnow version which was initially intended for developers, that is redsnow 0.9.13dev 4. So let’s take a look on how to jailbreak iOS 6.
- Before we begin let me remind you that this jailbreak guide for iOS 6 is a tethered one, which means every time you reboot your device, you will need to do a “Just boot” via redsnow.
- If you rely on unlocking your iPhone then I would suggest you not to update to iOS 6 unless you have SAM activation tickets.
- Not all jailbreak tweaks are compatible with iOS 6
Jailbreak iOS 6 iPhone iPad iPod touch Guide
Download iOS 6
Download iTunes 10.7
Download Redsn0w 0.9.13 dev 4 for Mac
Download Redsn0w 0.9.13 dev 4 for Win
This version of redsnow will only jailbreak the following devices:
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 1
- iPod touch 4
- iPod touch 4
Jailbreaking iOS 6 Procedure
STEP 1: If not updated to iOS 6, download iOS 6 for your device.
STEP 2: Download redsnow 0.9.13dev 4 from the above links.
STEP 3: Connect your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch to your computer.
STEP 4: You will now need to place your device in DFU mood. If you know how to do that, do so now, those of you who don’t read the steps below
- Hold down power button and home button both at the same time for 10 seconds
- After the 10 seconds release the power button and still keep pressing on the home button for another 10 seconds
STEP 5: Run redsnow 0.9.13dev 4.
STEP 6: Go to Extras > Select IPSW. You will now need to select the IPSW iOS 6 file for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Once selected it will identify work.
STEP 7: Once identified click back, and now click on jailbreak.
Make sure “Install SSH” is selected. (Required for installing Cydia on iOS 6 later on.)
STEP 8: Now redsnow will jailbreak your device running on iOS 6. Once it has completed it will show you a message saying that this is a tethered jailbreak and you will need to “Just Boot” this time.
STEP 9: Once completed. Put your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch back in DFU mood.
STEP 10: Click Back > Just Boot.
Your iOS device has now been jailbroken on iOS 6. Now it’s time for you to install Cydia on iOS 6
Install Cydia On iOS 6
As you might be aware that this redsnow version does not directly install Cydia on iOS 6 so you will have to manually install Cydia on iOS 6 for your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
So here is the guide for installing Cydia on iOS 6:
STEP 1: On your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch head over to Settings > Wi-Fi Networks and note down your IP address:
STEP 2: Now open an SSH client and fill the details to connect:
Note: You can use SSH client such as Coda for Mac and PuTTY for Windows.
Server: (your IP address)
User name: root
STEP 3: Now paste the following command:
wget -q -O /tmp/cyinstall.sh http://downloads.kr1sis.net/cyinstall.sh && chmod 755 /tmp/cyinstall.sh && /tmp/cyinstall.sh
STEP 4: After sometime your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch will reboot and Cydia will be installed on your device running iOS 6.
That is it folks, you will be now have a jailbroken iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running on iOS 6.
If you have any questions simply hit the comment section below.