- Pod2g Solves Untethered Jailbreak Problems For iPhone 4S
- Beware Of Scams Claiming To Unlock iPhone 4 Baseband 4.11.08 (Must Read)
- iPhone 5S & Budget iPhone To Be Released On June 20!
- iPhone 4 Gets Jailbroken (Untethered) On iOS 5.1: Pod2g
- Create Custom IPSW File For iOS 5.1.1 To Preserve Baseband For Unlocking iPhone 4/3GS (Guide)
Since the release of iOS 6.o.1 every individual is waiting for the jailbreak and now its the time to inform all the desperate users that you can now jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 using Redsnow. And like always, this time again the credit goes to the utilities like the iPhone Dev-Team’s Redsn0w that jailbreaks can be achieved. If you want to know how to jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 now, using the existing jailbreak tools for iOS 6. then check out this quick, easy and effective guide.
One thing that you must keep in your mind before going for this jailbreak is that it is only workable for the devices with Pre-A5 like iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4th generation only. Moreover, another thing to know is that this is a tethered-boot jailbreak, which means whenever you switch your device off or reboot, you have to connect to your PC or Mac in order to get your device up and make it working again.
Guide To Jailbreak iOS 6.0.1
These are few simple steps to jailbreak your device now.
- Firstly, download the required Redsnow 0.9.15b3.
- Following this you have to download iOS 6, and the new iOS 6.0.1 for your device and update your device to iOS 6.0.1.
- Next you have to connect your device to your PC and then place it into DFU mode.
- Run Redsnow, that must have been detected by your device.
- Click Extras > Select IPSW, and select the iOS 6.0 firmware for the device you want to jailbreak. Then get back to the main screen
- Now click on jailbreak and Redsnow will allow you to install Cydia. Then click next and you will be done with your jailbreaking. Keep RedSn0w open.
- After this come to device’s Lock screen and again place it in the DFU mode.
- Following this you have to perform a tethered boot, for which, on the main page of RedSn0w click Extras > Just boot. Your device will reboot with a pineapple logo.
- After this you will see Cydia on the Home screen, which means you are successfully done.
We hope that this guide will help you to jailbreak your device.