- iPhone 5 Will Feature Thinner Display Using In-Cell Technology (Report)
- Netflix Available in Pakistan, India & 130 More Countries!
- How To Fix Activation Problems For iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch on iOS 9.3
- How Apple Finds Jailbreak Exploits & Fixes Them
- White House Agrees To Legalize iPhone Unlocking! (BREAKING)
Apple has just released iOS 6.1 beta 2 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, which is the second beta release for Apple’s firmware. Maypalo has already provided the links to download the newly arrived iOS 6.1 beta 2, but thats not it as we have much more to present you that is truly going to please you. And it is the way to install iOS 6.1 Beta 2 and jailbreak tethered without developers account. This means that those iOS users can also access and enjoy the amazing features of iOS 6.1 Beta 2 and also jailbreak tethered, who are not having an Apple Developer Account. So check out this guide to update your current firmware.
How to Install iOS 6.1 Beta 2 Without Developer Account
Before going to the steps there are few things that should download so that your procedure becomes more easier. This is the list of those required things,
- Download and install iTunes 10.7
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.13 dev4
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.15b3
- Download i-Funbox
- Download iOS 6.0
- Download iOS 6.0.1
- Download iOS 6.1 BETA 2
Install iOS 6.1 Beta 2
Here comes some really easy and quick steps to be followed to install iOS 6.1 Beta 2 without developers account.
- First of all, switch on your iDevice and check the battery that should be more than 60% and connect your device with to your computer.
- After this you have to download the latest iTunes 10.7 from above link.
- Now back up your device, by doing right click on your device (in the middle of the left window).
- Repeat the previous step but this time also press sync.
- Now if you want to keep apps save too which are not on iTunes then right click on your device again and press transfer purchases. Its even more appreciated if you create an iCloud account and transfer as much of your data to it as you can.
- Following this, left click on your device in iTunes, so it brings it up in the right hand side main window.
- After this, if you are not on iOS 6.0.1 then either update it normally or with your phone switched on, hold the shift button, meanwhile click restore and look for your iOS 6.0.1 firmware that you downloaded.
- Now hold shift while you click check for update (not restore).
- Then select and open iOS 6.1 that you have downloaded.
- Click ok when it will ask you to update you device to iOS 6.1 beta 2 and don’t touch your phone.
- After all these steps you will be on activation screen, where you just have to follow the step as you normally as you would do to set your phone up.
And restore backup from the iTunes then finish the rest so your on the home screen.
Now you are done with your installation of iOS 6.1 beta 2.
Jailbreak iOS 6.1 Beta 2
Next comes another important part that is jailbreak tethered guide. And here comes its steps,
- Ensure that your device is connected and now get redsn0w 0.9.13dev4. If you are running vista or window 7, then right click redsn0w and click properties, then click the compatibility tab. Where it say’s compatibility mode, tick (Run this prog
ram in compatibility mode for, and select windows xp (service pack 2) from the drop down menu.Now under were it says privilege level, tick Run this program as an administrator, click apply then ok.
- Now run redsnow.
- Go to extra’s and select ipsw. Now find and select your ios 6.0 firmware and press open, then press ok on the popup that appears.
- Now press back then the jailbreak.
- Also make sure that install SSH is selected with a tick and then click next.
- For this step switch off your phone, click next and follow the dfu mode intructions, when it gets to the step 3, keep your finger on the home button untill your see the ramdisk picture on your phone.
- After the completion of these steps your phone reboot’s to the home screen. Then close and reopen redsn0w 0.9.13dev4 again. Now read BOOT TETHERED.
For Boot Tethered With 0.9.13DEV4
- Repeat step 2 and 3 of jailbreak guide.
- After this press just boot, then switch your phone off and follow the on screen DFU instuctions, again keep your finger on the home button in step 3 of dfu untill you see the pinapple logo.
Now you are jailbroken to iOS 6.1 beta 2.
Thanks ricky for sending this guide.