- R-SIM 4: An Unlocking Solution For iPhone 4 Baseband 4.11.08 To Be Released Within 10 Days!
- The Release Date For iOS 6 Untethered Jailbreak Is..
- Perfect Guide for Revising for Exams
- AceR iOS 7 Theme Gives A Metallic Look To iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch
- This Is The First Car Driven Entirely By An iPad (Video)
Well we now have an untethered jailbreak thanks to the team Evad3rs who created Evasion, the first tool that jailbreak iPhone, iPad and iPod touch on iOS 6.x. Well those of you who wanted to unlock their iPhone can do so ahead by following the guide below which will show you how to use SAM activation tickets. So go ahead and unlock your iPhone on iOS 6.1.
Unlock iPhone on iOS 6.1
This guide is going to show you how to unlock iPhone on iOS 6.1 using your saved SAM unlock activation tickets. Please note that this guide is for all iOS firmware from iOS 6 through iOS 6.1. Make sure you read the notes first as they are very important in help you get your iPhone unlocked.
- This guide will work on all iOS firmware from iOS 6 – iOS 6.1.
- If you are going to upgrade please make sure you preserve your baseband using Snowbreeze 2.9.8.
- This guide will only work if you have saved SAM activation tickets.
- Only use the SIM card that was FIRST USED when you backed up your activation tickets. This is very important and many people fail to realize this which makes this guide useless for them.
- If you do not understand this method then I suggest you to wait until the iPhone Dev team updates redsnow to untether jailbreak iOS 6 which will make the process automatic. Until then you can use this manual method.
- This guide does not depend on baseband, so any iPhone with any baseband can be unlocked (except iPhone 5).
- Saved unlock activation tickets.
- Jailbreak your iPhone using Evasi0n.
- Download iFile from Cydia.
- Original SIM card which was first used when saving SAM unlock activation tickets.
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4S
SAM iPhone Unlock Guide
STEP 1: Insert your SIM card that was used to for SAM unlock activation method.
STEP 2: Download iFile from Cydia and head over to /var/root/Library.
STEP 3: Tap the edit button on the right hand corner and select Lockdown folder.
STEP 4: Now create a backup using the zip button and delete the lockdown folder.
STEP 5: Now we need those unlock activation tickets you saved. Open Dropbox where you saved the backed up Lockdown folder with the valid activation ticket (Zipped file).
STEP 6: Now unzip this folder with iFile by using Unarchiver
STEP 7: Now you simply need to copy the Lockdown folder. To do that simply tap Edit on the right hand corner and tap clipboard icon and copy it.
STEP 8: Head over to /var/root/Library then tap Edit > tap on clipboard icon then select paste > done.
STEP 9: Any SAMPrefs file installed on you iPhone 4/4S should be deleted. To check if you have deleted them head over to /User/Library/Preferences and search for SAM and delete the com.bingner.sam.plist file.
Step 9: Now simply turn off your iPhone and wait a few minutes and turn it back on again.
That’s it. Your iPhone should now be unlocked and running on iOS 6.1 or any other version of iOS 6 firmware. Once again as I mentioned above if you do not understand this simply wait for redsnow to be updated. We are not sure how long will that take but currently this is one of the methods to unlock your iPhone on iOS 6.1.
As always you can leave a comment below and we will get to you.