- Apple Engineers Takes The First Photo Using iPhone 5’s Camera
- Snowbreeze 2.8 Released! Jailbreak iPhone iPad iPod touch On iOS 5 For Windows (Guide)
- Download Spire: First Ever Legal Siri For iPhone 4 iPhone 3GS iPad iPod touch
- Restore iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch Without Losing Jailbreak Using SemiRestore
- iOS 7 Untethered Jailbreak Status Update
Apple yesterday released iOS 6.1.1 beta 1 to developers. Many thought that this beta was released just to fix the exploits used in evasion untethered jailbreak, but we can now confirm that iOS 6.1.1 beta one does not fix those exploits.
iOS 6.1.1 Beta 1 Jailbreak
When Apple released iOS 6.1.1 beta 1 yesterday many people thought this was in response to the evasion jailbreak for iOS 6 – 6.1 but today we can confirm that iOS 6.1.1 beta one does not patch the exploits used in evasion jailbreak.
Pod2g mentioned this news via a tweet today:
6.1.1 beta (10B311) does not fix the jailbreak. It'll probably happen in a future revision. Don't upgrade though, evasi0n won't let you jb.
— pod2g (@pod2g) February 7, 2013
Now this news might be a relief to many who thought that the exploits used in evasion had been patched. But let’s not kid ourself. Whenever iOS 6.1.1 gets released to the general public, it will definitely fix those exploits used in evasion untethered jailbreak.
So for the time being you are safe from Apple’s wrath.
Although we now know that iOS 6.1.1 beta one does not patch those exploits but it does not mean that you should update to this beta version. It is advised that you do not download iOS 6.1.1 beta 1 or any upcoming firmware from Apple as evasion jailbreak won’t work on it.