- Thailand Official “Accidentally” Leaks iPhone 6 Models
- Apple Holds Education Event On January 19 In New York
- iPhone 5 Will Put Other Smartphones To Shame Especially Samsung Galaxy S3: CEO Foxconn
- Should You Buy Miracle SIM To Unlock iPhone 4 Baseband 4.11.08?
- Apple Following BMW i3 As A Base for It’s Future Apple Car!
After a long pause, the jailbreak scene has erupted. Today we have another jailbreak release and this time it is for iOS 6.1.3 through iOS 6.1.5 and it too is an untethered one. So those folks who were on previous versions can jailbreak their iOS device, and here is how to untether jailbreak iOS 6.1.3-6.1.5 for iPhone and iPod touch.
The Evad3rs team released the Evasion jailbreak tool for untethered jailbreak for all iOS devices which support iOS 7. That was a big surprise and it caught many people off guard, even the Cydia founder himself! The way Evasion was released, caused a huge controversy because of the cracked App Store that was found while jailbreaking with Evasion. Well the same can not be said for this latest release of the jailbreak called “p0sixspwn”.
The posixspwn jailbreak is basically a converter. What it does is, it converts your tethered jailbreak into an untethered one via a Cydia app. Which gets pretty handy if you are already jailbroken (tethered) one iOS 6.1.x version.
If you are running an iPhone or iPod touch on iOS 6.1.3 through iOS 6.1.5, then here is how you can jailbreak it.
- You will already need to be jailbroken on iOS 6.1.3-6.1.5 in order to install posixspwn.
- This jailbreak works only on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 4G.
- You need to be on iOS 6.1.3 – 6.1.5 for this jailbreak to work.
- This is an untethered jailbreak.
Procedure To Jailbreak
STEP 1: Jailbreak your iPhone or iPod touch (tether) using either Snowbreeze or Redsnow. Click on the links below.
STEP 2: Once jailbroken add the following repo:
STEP 3: Search for “pOsixspwn” (the 0 is a zero).
STEP 4: Install it.
That’s it folks, you will now have converted your tether jailbreak into an untethered one. That is how you untether jailbreak iPhone and iPod touch on iOS 6.1.3-6.1.5.
As always if you have any question, simply leave a comment below and we will get to you.