- Apple Stores Getting Sprint Repeaters Confirming iPhone 5 Coming To Sprint
- Snowbreeze 2.7 Released! Untethered Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 For iOS Devices (Guide)
- How To Unther Jailbreak iOS 7.0.6 For iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch (Guide)
- Cheap iPhone Compared To An iPhone 5 (Pictures)
- How to Unlock Iphone 4 Without Any Jailbreak!
By now you will know that Apple has released iOS 7.1. In fact most of you have downloaded or are downloading iOS 7.1 right now. But for whatever reason (jailbreak?) you want to downgrade back to iOS 7.0.6 and below; we have the guide for you. Well here is how to downgrade iOS 7.1 back to iOS 7 or below.
Downgrade iOS 7.1
iOS 7.1 brings in major improvements to Apple’s mobile operating system. Some of these improvements include: CarPlay, way to integrate iOS in to your car; improved Siri; improved camera with automatic HDR for iPhone 5S; refined iOS 7 interface and much more.
Those of you with old devices such as the iPhone 4 would be happy to know that iOS 7.1 brings in major speed improvements, something many of you had been wanting for a long time.
But some of you might want to downgrade iOS 7.1 to a lower firmware such as iOS 7.0.6 or whichever firmware for various reasons. Well if you are one of them, we have the guide for you. Check out the procedure below on how to downgrade iOS 7.1 to iOS 7.0.x firmware.
- Saved SHSH blobs. If you do not have SHSH blobs but have them on Cydia, you can click on “Show Available SHSH Caches on Server” in iFaith to download it to your computer.
- Download iTunes 11.0.5 or below (if you already have iTunes 11.1, make sure you completely remove it and download iTunes 11.0.5).
- Download iFaith (latest version).
- Download iOS 7.0.6 (if you prefer to downgrade to this version).
- Download iOS 7.0.4 (if you prefer to downgrade to this version).
STEP 1: Download iFaith from the above link and start it.
STEP 2: Click on ”Build “*signed* IPSW w / Blobs”.
STEP 3: Now select your SHSH blobs followed by the firmware file you want to downgrade to. iFaith will create a custom IPSW file.
STEP 4: Now you will be required to enter in to DFU mode. If you know how to do that, go ahead and do it now but if you don’t then follow the steps below.
- Hold Power + Home button for 10 seconds.
- Release Power button but keep holding the home button for another 5 seconds.
- You will have entered into DFU mode.
STEP 5: Now fire up iTunes, make sure its iTunes 11.0.5 or below. Once in iTunes, select your iPhone and hold down “Shift button” and click on the “Restore iPhone“. A pop-up box will appear, here you will have to browse for your custom IPSW that iFaith has created in STEP 3.
STEP 6: Now iTunes will restore to that firmware which you wanted. It will start downgrading from iOS 7.1 to iOS 7.0.6 or below, or whichever firmware you have selected.
If you have followed the guide then you will have downgraded your iPhone from iOS 7.1 to iOS 7.0.x successfully!
As mentioned above you will need to have saved SHSH blobs otherwise this guide won’t work. As always if you have any questions simply leave a comment below.