As you are most probably aware that Apple has released iOS 5 to everyone. While most of you are probably download iOS 5 right now, there is a good new for you, well at least the jailbreakers. You can jailbreak iOS 5 using redsnow for iPhone iPad and iPod touch. Check out the guide below to jailbreak iOS 5.
Jailbreak iOS 5 Using Redsnow
You will need:
- Download iOS 5
- Download iTunes 10.5
- This is a tethered jailbreak that means you will need to put your device in to a jailbroken state everytime you boot.
- People who rely on unlocking their device should stay away until further information.
- You won’t be able to jailbreak iPad 2 with this Redsnow 0.9.9b4.
- If you choose to jailbreak you will not be able to get future updates via the OTA (Over The Air)
- For the newly released iPhone 4S there is no current jailbreak.
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 1
- iPod touch 3G
- iPod touch 4G
STEP 1: Download Redsnow 0.9.9b4 from the links above.
STEP 2: Plugin you iPhone iPad iPod touch.
STEP 3: Start redsnow from, click on extras followed by select ipsw.
STEP 4: Now simply click next and follow the on screen instructions to enter in to DFU mood, this will involve some steps which will be presented to you on the screen.
That’s it folks, you have successfully jailbroken your iPhone iPad or iPod touch on the newly released iOS 5.