- Case-Mate Leaks iPhone 5 Design! Completely Different From iPhone 4
- Preserve Baseband For iOS 6 While Upgrading to iOS 6 For iPhone 4 & iPhone 3GS (Guide)
- Downgrade To Untethered Jailbreak From iOS 4.3.5 To iOS 4.3.3 Without SHSH Blobs (Guide)
- iPhone 5 Will Get Nano SIM Cards, Carriers Already Testing It (Report)
- George Clooney Or Noah Wyle Will Play As Steve Jobs In Biopic
Well this wasn’t something most of us had expected. In China pre-orders for the iPhone 5 were totally unexpected. Pre-orders for just one carrier amounted to a total of 100,000 iPhone 5s on the first day!
100,000 iPhone 5
iPhone 5, Apple’s sixth iteration of the iPhone has been received with quite a zeal in many countries around the world. iPhone 5 is the first device after the iPhone 4 which has received quite a lot of appreciation.
We reported earlier that Chinese carrier China Unicom has started taking pre-orders, it seems that the pre-orders for the iPhone 5 were really high considering a country that is obsessed with Android smartphones.
A staggering 100,000 iPhone 5s were pre-ordered on the first day. Now this might be small compared to other countries such as the United States but do keep in mind that China is a country where Android phones completely overwhelm the iPhone, and price is a huge factor.
This is the first time in China where pre-orders have reached such a high amount.
China Unicom which is the second largest wireless carrier in China opened up pre-orders for the iPhone 5 on Monday and will begin selling the iPhone 5 on 14 December.
Apple via a press release yesterday mentioned that more then 50 countries around the world would be receiving the iPhone 5 in December, making it the fastest iPhone roll-out ever.