- Pangu Untether Cydia Package Updated But Causes Problems
- How To SIM Unlock iPhone On iOS 8 – 8.1 (Guide)
- Fix Error Lockdown While Jailbreaking With Evasion For iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch
- iPad 2 Jailbreak Release Imminent, iOS 4.2.1-4.3.3 Will Be Supported – Confirmed
- Untethered Jailbreak For iOS 6 To Be Revealed This JailbreakCon Event!
Well this wasn’t something most of us had expected. In China pre-orders for the iPhone 5 were totally unexpected. Pre-orders for just one carrier amounted to a total of 100,000 iPhone 5s on the first day!
100,000 iPhone 5
iPhone 5, Apple’s sixth iteration of the iPhone has been received with quite a zeal in many countries around the world. iPhone 5 is the first device after the iPhone 4 which has received quite a lot of appreciation.
We reported earlier that Chinese carrier China Unicom has started taking pre-orders, it seems that the pre-orders for the iPhone 5 were really high considering a country that is obsessed with Android smartphones.
A staggering 100,000 iPhone 5s were pre-ordered on the first day. Now this might be small compared to other countries such as the United States but do keep in mind that China is a country where Android phones completely overwhelm the iPhone, and price is a huge factor.
This is the first time in China where pre-orders have reached such a high amount.
China Unicom which is the second largest wireless carrier in China opened up pre-orders for the iPhone 5 on Monday and will begin selling the iPhone 5 on 14 December.
Apple via a press release yesterday mentioned that more then 50 countries around the world would be receiving the iPhone 5 in December, making it the fastest iPhone roll-out ever.