- Download Redsnow 0.9.11b4 To Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, iPod Touch On iOS 5.1.1
- Now Take 360 Degree Videos With Dot For iPhone 4!
- iPhone 5 To Be Discontinued Once iPhone 5S & Budget iPhone Are launched!
- iPhone 5 Will Put Other Smartphones To Shame Especially Samsung Galaxy S3: CEO Foxconn
- Download iOS 4.3 For Apple TV Which Lets You Stream & Buy TV Shows
Well this wasn’t something most of us had expected. In China pre-orders for the iPhone 5 were totally unexpected. Pre-orders for just one carrier amounted to a total of 100,000 iPhone 5s on the first day!
100,000 iPhone 5
iPhone 5, Apple’s sixth iteration of the iPhone has been received with quite a zeal in many countries around the world. iPhone 5 is the first device after the iPhone 4 which has received quite a lot of appreciation.
We reported earlier that Chinese carrier China Unicom has started taking pre-orders, it seems that the pre-orders for the iPhone 5 were really high considering a country that is obsessed with Android smartphones.
A staggering 100,000 iPhone 5s were pre-ordered on the first day. Now this might be small compared to other countries such as the United States but do keep in mind that China is a country where Android phones completely overwhelm the iPhone, and price is a huge factor.
This is the first time in China where pre-orders have reached such a high amount.
China Unicom which is the second largest wireless carrier in China opened up pre-orders for the iPhone 5 on Monday and will begin selling the iPhone 5 on 14 December.
Apple via a press release yesterday mentioned that more then 50 countries around the world would be receiving the iPhone 5 in December, making it the fastest iPhone roll-out ever.