- Guide On Downgrading iOS 6 To iOS 5.1.1 For iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS & iPod Touch
- Details Get Leaked For iOS 7! Here Are The iOS 7 Leaked Details
- Lernstift: The Pen That Vibrates When You Make A Mistake!
- Four Reasons Why iPhone 5 Wont Be Released This WWDC June
- Mid 2013 Netherlands Highways Will Glow In The Dark! Literally.
As you might already be aware, Apple has released iOS 6.1.3 for iOS devices. The release of this version of iOS firmware brings an end to the evasion untethered jailbreak, but don’t worry folks, as you can still jailbreak iOS 6.1.3! Yes, you read that right. Here is how to jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 for iPhone and iPod touch.
Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3
As you know that evasion jailbreak does not work on iOS 6.1.3, Apple has fixed two critical exploits that were used in the evasion jailbreak process, therefore there is currently no method to untether jailbreak iOS 6.1.3. But thanks to the Limera1n we do have a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3, although it is a tethered one. So let’s take a look at how to jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 for iPhone and iPod touch.
Before you attempt to jailbreak your iPhone and iPod touch on iOS 6.1.3, make sure you read the important notes.
- This is a tethered jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3, which means you will be required to “Just boot” every time you restart your iOS device.
- If you are on iOS 6.1.2 or below, DO NOT update to iOS 6.1.3 as you will lose the untethered jailbreak status.
- This guide will only work on pre A5 devices such as the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 4.
- Download Redsnow 0.9.15b3.
- Download iOS 6.1.3.
- Download iOS 6.0.
Jailbreak Guide iOS 6.1.3
STEP 1: If you are not on iOS 6.1.3, then go ahead and download iOS 6.1.3 form the above link. (Don’t download if you are on iOS 6.1.2 or below as evasion still works on that firmware)
STEP 2: Download Redsnow 0.9.15b3 and iOS 6.0 firmware file from the above links respectively.
STEP 3: Connect your iDevice with computer and then put it into the DFU mode. In order to put your device in DFU you have to hold the Power button for 3 seconds, then hold the Home button without releasing the Power button for 10 seconds. Release the Power Button but keep holding the Home button.
STEP 4: Run RedSn0w 0.9.15b3 and make sure that it detects your iPhone and iPod touch.
STEP 5: Click Extras > Select IPSW > and select the iOS 6.0 IPSW. Also make this sure that that RedSn0w has successfully identified the iOS 6.0 firmware. If this doesn’t happen then this means you have the wrong version of RedSn0w, or the wrong firmware. Click OK.
STEP 6: Now click back and then click the option of jailbreak. And after finishing all loading, verify that Install Cydia is checked, and click Next. The jailbreaking process will start, while your device will still be in DFU mode.
STEP 7: Now your device will come back to Lock screen, place it back into DFU mode again. You will receive a Tethered Jailbreak notification, click OK to proceed and again click Select IPSW.
STEP 8: Once again select the iOS 6.0 firmware for your device. As it successfully identifies the firmware, click Just boot.
STEP 9: While booting your iPhone, iPod touch should show the Pwned Apple logo. If it does, it means you have followed the steps correctly.
If you have followed the above steps correctly, you iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS or iPod touch 4 will be successfully jailbroken on iOS 6.1.3.
As always if you have any question simply comment below and we will get to you.