- Unlock iPhone 4 Using Gevey SIM On Baseband 2.10.04 / 3.10.01! (Guide)
- iOS 6.1.3 Untetherd Jailbreak Almost Ready!
- Jailbreak iOS 7.1/7.1.1 Update For iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch
- Get iPhone Factory Unlocked In Only A Couple Of Hours On Any Carrier!
- iOS 7.1 Evasion Untethered Jailbreak Will Not Be Released!
By now some of you might have bought the iPhone 6 or the iPhone 6 Plus and are already using it. But people still out there are not buying it because most of them are locked. Most of the people want unlocked iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus. Well if you are one of these people then I have the guide on how to unlock iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus for free.
Since the method for unlocking iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus is the same, I will be using the word “iPhone 6” for both the devices. Well that out-of-the-way let’s begin on how to unlock iPhone 6 for free.
Since this is a free method on unlocking iPhone 6, it will not work on the iPhones that are currently locked to a specific carrier. You need to have paid the full price for the iPhone 6.
Check out: How to order an unlocked iPhone 6!
This method to unlock iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus will work on all carriers. The carriers which have been test and proven are: AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile. For other carriers, comment below so I can test it on them.
STEP 1: If you are about to buy the iPhone, make sure you buy it by paying the full price. You can do this by going to an Apple store, as currently Apple does not officially sell unlocked ones on the online store.
STEP 2: Once you have got your iPhone 6, you need to activate it. I will list each step for activating each SIM card for your carrier.
- AT&T Activation (Manual):
- Step 1: Put your SIM in the iPhone 6.
- Step 2: Now enter activation code. It should be either *123*(your ZIP code)*05# or *123*(your ZIP code)*06#.
- Step 3: Press the call button.
- Step 4: Turn off your iPhone and turn it back on after 10 minutes.
- Note: You will receive a message with a new phone number. Since you are going to use your iPhone 6 on another carrier, you won’t need that.
- T-Mobile Activation (Online):
- Step 1: Write down the activation code which was on printed on the “activation card”.
- Step 1: Write down the SIM card serial number on your SIM card.
- Step 1: Write down your phone serial number on the box of the iPhone 6
- Step 2: Now go to the T-Mobile activation website and enter any of the above numbers.
- Sprint Activation (Manual):
- Step 1: Write down your SIM card serial number.
- Step 2: Put your SIM card in the iPhone 6.
- Step 3: Press “*2” to contact Sprint. One of the employees will contact you and activation your SIM card to be used on the iPhone 6.
Note: If your carrier is not listed in the above method then comment below so I can add your carrier to the list on how to activate your SIM to unlock the device.
STEP 3: Once your SIM has been activated, connect your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus to computer and start iTunes.
STEP 4: Now press on the restore button and it will start restoring your iPhone. Make sure you create a backup before doing this, as it will erase all your data.
STEP 5: Once the restoring process has been completed, it will show a message saying your iPhone has been successfully unlocked.
That is it folks, if you have followed the steps correctly your new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus should be unlocked and that too for free.
I have tested this method out and can confirm it unlocks iPhone 6. But for any reason you can not unlock your iPhone, then drop a comment below and I will get to you.