If you are in Pakistan and especially in the city of Lahore then I have a great news for you. Uber has finally launched in Pakistan bringing the developing country under its radar.
Pakistan is a fresh market for Uber, where the competition for car sharing services are low compared to its neighbor India. So coming to the market at this time is the right decision by Uber.
Currently Uber is only offering rides in the city of Lahore and is later expected to expand in Karachi and Islamabad.
The prices for Uber in Pakistan are very competitive with the local rickshaws. A sample of prices in Lahore can be checked below:
- LUMS to H Block Market, DHA: Rs. 175
- Liberty Market to Fortress Stadium: Rs. 220
- Mall of Lahore to Allama Iqbal Intl. Airport: Rs. 280
- Daewoo Bus Station to Y Block Market, DHA: Rs. 340
- MM Alam Road to LSE: Rs. 365
The basic fare for a Uber ride is $0.95 with each kilometer at $0.13 and $0.04 per minute.
UberBlack and UberLux are currently not available but are expected to arrive soon.
Check out the video below of Uber ride zero with Pakistani model Mehreen Syed.