- How To Install Cydia The Easy Way On iOS 8 (Guide)
- (Breaking News) Tim Cook’s First Major Decision: Apple To Acquire Netflix
- iTransmission - The Easy Way To Download Torrents On iPhone
- Unlockers Preserve Baseband Before Updating To iOS 5.1.1 To Keep Unlock (Warning)
- Untethered Jailbreak iOS 6.1 On iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch By Downloading Evasion (Guide)
It was only a matter of time before this happened. Android market has beaten Apple‘s app store in free app number count! Android has taken a lead of 9000 apps to a total count of 134,000 free apps to Apple’s 121,000 free apps, and it shows no sign of stopping.
Even though right now Apple’s app store has more paid apps and a lead of total number of apps, it is expected that the Android market will soon over take Apple’s market in the total number of apps. Should have included flash in iPhone right?
According to Distimo Android will take over Apple in total app numbers in five month or so, given the rate at which apps are made for the Android market, something to worry about for the iOS.
The success of the Android market can be measured by taking the Angry Birds app; it is free on Android while on the iOS you have to pay to play.
The report from Distimo also mentions that the BlackBerry App World is expected to cross Nokia’s Ovi Store by the end of next month and a couple of months after that, the Windows Phone 7 Marketplace will get pass the Ovi Store too. Bad news for Nokia.
What do you think about this App market war? Is Android really going to beat the mighty Apple? Let us know in the comments below.