- iPhone 7 Will Come With Wireless Charging, New EarPods & Be Waterproof
- Download Snowbreeze 2.7.2/PwnageTool To jailbreak Apple TV 2G iOS 4.2.2
- Apple Keeping A Close Eye On Its Retail Employees Who Are Leaking iOS 7 Beta!
- WWDC 2012 Banners Confirm iOS 6 For 11 June! (Pictures)
- Dear Dev Teams We Need Unlock Solution For iPhone 4 Baseband 4.11.08
As expected, Apple has released iOS 8.1 to the general public, and it is one of those updates which many iOS device users, especially those new iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus, had been waiting for. Well go ahead and download iOS 8.1 and for your information we have the entire change log of the new firmware.
Download iOS 8.1
Apple only sometime ago released iOS 8.1, and as per the convention it has fixed bugs and brought improvements. But this version is a major one as it has brought the feature we all had been waiting for - Apple Pay and continuity.
Well here is the entire change log of iOS 8.1:
This release includes new features, improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Apple Pay support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus (U.S. only)
- Photos includes new features, improvements and fixes
- Adds iCloud Photo Library as a beta service
- Adds Camera Roll album in Photos app and My Photo Stream album when iCloud Photo Library is not enabled
- Provides alerts when running low on space before capturing Time Lapse videos
- Messages includes new features, improvements and fixes
- Adds the ability for iPhone users to send and receive SMS and MMS text messages from their iPad and Mac
- Resolves an issue where search would sometimes not display results
- Fixes a bug that caused read messages to not be marked as read
- Fixes issues with group messaging
- Resolves issues with Wi-Fi performance that could occur when connected to some base stations
- Fixes an issue that could prevent connections to Bluetooth hands-free devices
- Fixes bugs that could cause screen rotation to stop working
- Adds an option to select between 2G, 3G or LTE networks for cellular data
- Fixes an issue in Safari where videos would sometimes not play
- Adds AirDrop support for Passbook passes
- Adds an option to enable Dictation in Settings for Keyboards, separate from Siri
- Enables HealthKit apps to access data in the background
- Accessibility improvements and fixes
- Fixes an issue that prevented Guided Access from working properly
- Fixes a bug where VoiceOver would not work with 3rd party keyboards
- Improves stability and audio quality when using MFi Hearing Aids with iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Fixes an issue with VoiceOver where tone dialing would get stuck on a tone until dialing another number
- Improves reliability when using handwriting, Bluetooth keyboards and Braille displays with VoiceOver
- Fixes an issue that was preventing the use of OS X Caching Server for iOS updates
To download iOS 8.1 on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, head over to General > Software update and download and install. Please do note that you might need a free space of 2GB to download this version. If you want to avoid having to delete so much data, simply download iOS 8.1 by connecting your device to iTunes and download iOS 8.1 one from there.
I will be posting a how-to guide on how to use Apple Pay service, so check out the home page. There is already a guide on how to use the handoff feature in continuity, check it out!
As always if you have a question let me know in the comment section below.
Leave a Reply