- Apple Apologized To Samsung For Its Incorrect Statement Regarding Samsung Patent Infringement Ruling.
- Lighter & Thinner iPhone 5 Coming This September – Report
- iPad 3 To Have Dual-LED Back-Light For Retina Display
- Untethered Jailbreak iOS 6.1.1 For iPhone 4S Using Evasion 1.3
- Use Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 To Convert To Untethered Jailbreak Without Restoring iPhone!
Most of you folks want to upgrade to iOS 5.1.1 and still be able to use your iPhone normally, I’m talking about those iPhone users who rely on unlocking their iPhone. Well as requested here is a guide to restoring your SAM unlock activation tickets and unlock iPhone on any baseband including 4.11.08/4.12.01 on iOS 5.1.1.
Restore SAM To Unlock iPhone On iOS 5.1.1
- Jailbreak your iPhone using Absinthe.
- Download iFile from Cydia
- Backed up unlock activation tickets.
- SIM card that was originally used to unlock using SAM
- If you haven’t already updated to iOS 5.1.1, preserve baseband and do so. Click here for the guide.
Procedure To Unlock iPhone
STEP 1: Insert your SIM card that was used to for SAM unlock activation method.
STEP 2: Download iFile from Cydia and head over to /var/root/Library.
STEP 3: Tap the edit button on the right hand corner and select Lockdown folder.
STEP 4: Now create a backup using the zip button and delete the lockdown folder.
STEP 5: Now we need those unlock activation tickets you saved. Open Dropbox where you saved the backed up Lockdown folder with the valid activation ticket (Zipped file).
STEP 6: Now unzip this folder with iFile by using Unarchiver
STEP 7: Now you simply need to copy the Lockdown folder. To do that simply tap Edit on the right hand corner and tap clipboard icon and copy it.
STEP 8: Head over to /var/root/Library then tap Edit > tap on clipboard icon then select paste > done.
STEP 9: Any SAMPrefs file installed on you iPhone 4/4S should be deleted. To check if you have deleted them head over to /User/Library/Preferences and search for SAM and delete the com.bingner.sam.plist file.
Step 9: Now simply turn off your iPhone and wait a few minutes and turn it back on again.
That’s it folks you should have your iPhone 4/4S unlocked on baseband 4.11.08/4.12.01 or any other baseband unlock and ready to use.
Hit the comment section for any questions.