- Who’s Hand Is Facebook In Right Now & How Much Is Its Value? (Chart)
- iPhone 4 Baseband Gets Upgraded To 4.12.00 From 4.11.08 In iOS 5.1
- Steve Jobs Film Regarding His Life Might Be Coming Soon
- Download Celeste BlueTooth For iPhone iPad iPod touch
- iPhone 5 Might Be Jailbroken But Your Are Not Going To Get It Any Time Soon!
It has finally been done. The President of United States, Barack Obama, has signed the bill making phone unlocking legal in the U.S. This is great news for many people as they would be able to finally unlock iPhone or any other smartphone without any hassle.
Unlocking a cellphone was considered illegal after 2013, anyone found to be unlocking their iPhone or any other smartphone was considered a criminal and could be fined up to $500,000 and would have to do some jail time. Which as you can imagine is a huge penalty considering how small the entire process is.
Well the people got together and signed a petition which easily crossed the 100,000 mark required by the White House to respond. Once that was crossed, the politicians (surprisingly) worked together to make phone unlocking legal.
Well the President has today signed the bill making phone unlocking legal. It is a win-win situation for everyone ranging from Wireless carrier to the general consumer.
As phone unlocking has become legal, we are going to be posting more regarding how you can unlock your iPhone or other smartphones in the coming days. So make sure you stay tuned.
As always if you have a question, then drop one below.