- Curtains Close On the Great Lawsuit Saga of PS3 Jailbreaker GeoHot Vs Sony!
- Cydia Substrate Replacement - Substitute Released As Alpha Version!
- iPhone 4S Packaging Case Leaked! (Pictures)
- Goolge Is Supporting Samsung Behind Close Doors In Apple vs Samsung Court Battles
- Factory Unlock AT&T iPhone 4 Baseband 4.11.08/4.12.01 (All iPhone Models) + (Winner Announcement)
If you are still waiting desperately for the guide to jailbreak iOS 6, then your desperation finally comes to an end, at least for the A4 devices.. As iPhone Dev-Team recently updated Redsn0w with the official Cydia and tons of amazing features. So here is the guide on jailbreak iOS 6 with the new redsnow 0.9.15b2.
Now if you are wondering for which devices Redsn0w 0.9.15b2 is workable, then this is to tell you that you can use it for both Windows and Mac for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1 and iPod touch. It has also added support for both re-restoring and downgrading of select devices from iOS 6 to an older firmware, and again re-restoring from any iOS 5.x to any other iOS 5.x on all devices. Where as if you are thinking about the supported devices it is important to note this is a tethered jailbreak and is only meant for devices with an A4 processor. This means devices with A5 (iPhone 4S, iPad 2), A5X (iPad 3) and A6 (iPhone 5) processors are not supported at this point.
Another good thing about this jailbreak is that you don’t have to take the trouble of downloading and pointing the app to the iOS 6 IPSW for the jailbreak, rather, due to the updated version of Redsnow, you can downloads the required files, and later proceeds with the jailbreak.
We already had a guide on jailbreaking iOS 6 but that was with redsnow 0.9.15b1 but now redsnow has been updated. So check out the guide below to jailbreak iOS 6.
Steps To Jailbreak iOS 6 With Redsn0w 0.9.15b2
- Firstly, download Redsn0w 0.9.15b2. You can download it from here (Windows | Mac).
- Then, in order to update your A4 device, Download iOS 6
- Start Redsnow. If you are Windows then run it in Administrator mode, whereas if you are OS X Mountain Lion users, then you have to start by Ctrl-Click on the Redsn0w icon and then selecting Open from the new menu.
- Now click on jailbreak, select Cydia and put the device into DFU mode when Redsn0w prompts to do so with the help of onscreen instructions. When the device is on DFU mode, using limera1n exploit Redsnow will start the jailbreaking.
- Then to enter tethered mode, select Autoboot this device when it connects in DFU mode. After a while, the device will reboot with the Cydia icon on the home screen.
- Users will then need to to boot the device in tethered mode every time it is turned off and on, because this is a tethered iOS 6 jailbreak. Redsnow can be used to do this, as you need to do is to click click on the “Extras” from the main screen and then simply click on “Just Boot” option.
- Just follow the instructions appearing on the screen and the device will be rebooted into tethered jailbreak mode.
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you to jailbreak iOS 6. Do let us know how you find this guide.