- Budget iPhone Isn’t Cheap: Pegatron CEO
- BBM For iPhone & Android Update Will Bring Live Calls, Channels & More!
- Jailbreak iPhone iPad iPod touch On iOS 5b2 Using Snowbreeze 2.8 b3
- The New iPad 3 Gets Jailbroken (Untethered) On iOS 5.1 (Video)
- iPhone 4S & iPad 2 Untethered Jailbreak Expected Within A Week!
This might be surprising to a lot of you but a well renowned analyst has mentioned that the next iPhone will be called the “iPhone 7” instead of the iPhone 6s which a lot of people are predicting. So why the change in name?
Well as noted by analyst Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities, the next iPhone, which is going to be released later this year, will feature a lot of new changes. It won’t be a “simple” upgrade but will have enough changes to make it be called the iPhone 7.
So what kind of changes? The analyst mentions that it will have the Force Touch technology, which is currently available in the Apple Watch.
The analyst said, “We believe that iPhone’s Force Touch sensor doesn’t directly detect the pressure applied by fingers. Instead, it monitors the contact area on which the finger touches the screen to decide how big the pressure is.” Apple is going for a different approach this time with the Force Touch.
Previous reports had mentioned that the design of the next iPhone will be similar to that of the current iPhone 6 and the 6 Plus, so I don’t think Apple will change that.
On a side note, the rumors regarding the iPhone 6c; the analyst mentioned that Apple will not bring that iPhone to the market this year.